Centrally located in the midst of true natural beauty, Paria Sage Casitas is a place to rest, relax, and explore the breathtaking wonders nearby. Your stay in our comfortable, quaint 1bedroom/1bathroom casita will leave you surrounded by a backdrop of colors, geological formations and beauty, as well as many, many places to explore.
The area Paria Sage Casitas sits on has also been termed the Center of the Grand Circle, Canyon Country, and Color Country. We are truly fortunate to be in a prime location in southern Utah-surrounded by some of earth’s most incredible landscapes, as well as prime areas for outdoor adventures and photography.
People travel from all over the world to see some of what the area offers. From photographers, to hikers, mountain bikers, mountain climbers, and sightseers, the area boasts a very high concentration of earthly wonders- available for all who visit.
To make travel plans easier, we have defined the area around Paria Sage Casitas in three are categories based on mileage: The Inner Circle, Medium Trips, and Day Long Adventures.
Some of the sights around us are a few miles away, while others are a bit further, but all listed are within a day’s drive from the property. Be advised that some of the area’s listed need a permit or have and entrance fee. We hope to provide you with valuable area information while you stay with us.
“The Inner Circle” –
Places to hike, sightsee and explore closest to Paria Sage Casitas. If you are looking for first class scenic tours, we highly recommend Grand Staircase Discovery Tours.
- Paria Canyon Wilderness–
- Vermillion Cliffs–
- Paria Hoodoos- magically balanced rocks on tall spires
- Horseback Riding at Paria Guest Ranch
- The Wave – located in the Coyote Buttes Area North
- White Pocket – Paria Plateau
- House Rock Valley Rd. (Condors)
- Paria Movie Set and old Paria Townsite
- Cottonwood Road /Hackberry Canyon
- Big Water BLM Visitor Center – Dinosaur information and finds
If you are looking for tours of the areas nearby, we highly recommend Grand Staircase Discovery Tours. They offer great, scenic tours and Paria Canyon Shuttle Service. Chris & Sally are amazing and will take care of you.
Grand Staircase Discovery Tours
“Medium Trips” –
- Wahweap Hoodoo
- Lake Powell/Wahweap Marina
- Rainbow Bridge
- Glen Canyon Dam and overlook
- Colorado River Trips
- John Wesley Powell Museum – Colorado River Exploration
- Horseshoe Bend-from 1000 feet up view the amazing 180 degree bend in the Colorado River
- Antelope Slot Canyons (Upper and Lower)
- Waterholes Canyon
“Day Long Adventures” –
- North Rim of the Grand Canyon
- Coral Pink Sand Dunes
- Zion National Park
- Bryce National Park
- Lee Ferry
- South Rim of the Grand Canyon
- Cameron Trading Post
- Wupatki Basin
- Capitol Reef National Park
- Monument Valley
- Navajo National Monument
- Mesa Verde National Park
- Canyon De Chelly Monument
- Window Rock
Several mini adventures can be accomplished all on the same day at your stay with us From relaxing and playing in the blue waters of Lake Powell, trout fishing in the Colorado, bird watching (including endangered Condors), horseback riding, dinosaur tracking, and star gazing this area is a never ending delight.
Each week we will help bring a piece of the area alive for you in our blog. “Oh, the places you’ll go.”
~ Joe Stansfield | Paria Sage Casitas